Delhaize Belgium is part of the Delhaize Group and holds a unique position on the distribution market. Today, our group has about 160,000 employees in 9 countries and on 3 continents. Our Belgian network comprises 857 stores including Delhaize supermarkets, Tom&Co and Red Market stores.Together, in 2013, we made a turnover of 5 billion euros and held a market share of 25,5%.
Are you looking for an innovative environment that allows you to develop your talent?
We offer you all the assets you need for a fascinating and varied career.
As a Strategy Expert you are a key contributor in the preparation, development and facilitation of Delhaize Belgium’s strategy process and main strategic projects. Your role is to create buy-in for the projects in the organization, to ensure translation into business cases and action plans and guarantee progress by supporting and challenging business leaders.
1. Strategic planning
• You drive the strategic planning, facilitation and development, in cooperation with senior management.
• In collaboration with your superior you prepare and support the strategic planning process, including key strategic presentations and materials.
• You develop, lead and facilitate cross-functional analysis, reports and strategic initiatives.
2. Strategic analysis
• You facilitate innovation by identifying key topics within market and competitor development, to perform strategic analysis (in cooperation with the Customer Insights team).
• You develop business plans for new ideas and projects in cooperation with the stakeholders.
3. Strategic support and implementation
• You lead cross-departmental strategic initiatives and support the different owners and stakeholders to ensure quality of the work and the translation into business cases and action plans.
• You ensure quality of the implementation of the strategy and strategic projects, by focusing on new ways of working and results of the projects and changes.
• You have a Master Degree
• You have 2-4 years of experience in a strategic or cross-departmental position at either a Strategy Consultant firm or in a Retail / FMCG company
• You are trilingual (English, French and Dutch)
• You have strong analytics, reporting, communication and organization skills
• Experience in project management is a significant plus
• You combine conceptual thinking with a passion for retail operations
• You are result and solutions oriented, a strong communicator and you have strong interpersonal skills
• You are open-minded, curious, pro-active, flexible, autonomous and a team player
By joining us, you will get an attractive salary coupled with benefits package and real career opportunities. You will join a highly skilled team and work in a friendly working environment. Delhaize will offer you challenges but also fun.