AGO Jobs & HR
AGO Jobs & HR is jouw HR-specialist in het zoeken en vinden van jouw geschikte job. Met ons ruim kantorennet en ervaring begeleiden we je professioneel naar de arbeidsmarkt.
Specialist Software Developer - R&D
Your job responsibilities include among other things:
- You assist and advise in the discovery of infrastructure & software components to improve the software creation & runtime environments
- You integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects from multiple platforms. To do so, you use a diversity of development toolings & programming languages, Java & OpenEdge being the main ones.
- You investigate and assess the technical feasibility of functional proposals.
- You help to support more complex development challenges that occur within the software development processes both technically as methodology-wise.
- You are responsible for the initial development phase and/or re-engineering of application components.
- You support the current general development practices such as: Object-oriented principles (including IOC, patterns), Agile-development, Project-based development, XP practices & Test-driven development.
- You perform tests and adjust the developed functionalities where necessary before entering them into production.
- You offer support in the investigating and solving of incidents and problems within the R&D context and also search for improvements of the applications and processes.
You are eager to learn & discover new development methodologies and technologies, while trying to pragmatically apply them to the current requirements.
- You are also motivated to create innovation & acceleration within a more traditional development context.
- You have a solid background in software development, and you have already worked with a variety of technologies, methodologies, libraries & frameworks.
- You have an in-depth & hands-on knowledge of one development language, preferrably java.
- You have experience in coding business logic, services and dynamic web development.
- You’re familiar with the open-source ecosystem.
- You have good knowledge of windows & unix operating systems.
- You have a strong analytical mind
- You are a teamplayer and moving the team forward has priority over your personal objectives.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in ICT or equivalent by experience.
- You are able to work independently in a methodical and qualitative manner.
- You’re a communicative person with a very good knowledge of English.
- You are eager to learn and prepared to acquire the necessary knowledge through self-study.
- You have a flexible mentality.
- You are accurate, methodical and systematic.
- An exciting function within an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the centre.
- You are part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
- You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technical environment.
- Numerous opportunities for development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
- A flexible work arrangement with attention for a good balance between work and private life.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with extralegal benefits such as a company car, group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, corporate restaurant ...