BD Internal Audit evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of all worldwide internal control processes on a rotating basis considering significance and risk as a service to BD Management and its Board of Directors.
The Internal Audit process encompasses the following major activities:
• Evaluate the adequacy of the Company's system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding and protection of assets from loss, reliability and integrity of financial information and compliance with policies, plans, procedures and applicable laws & regulations.
• Support management in optimizing internal controls by appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed.
• Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals, and whether the operations or programs are carried out as planned.
As Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for:
• Audit planning
• Audit fieldwork
- • Conduct audits consistent with IIA and department policies; manage timely completion of audit including communication of status to manager • Identify and document financial statement exposures, operational/process issues, internal control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement • If applicable, coordinate fieldwork with IT Auditors • Prepare agenda for the audit closing meeting • Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit progresses • Adapt audit program and procedures as observations/new information is uncovered in the field
• Audit wrap up: Finalize audit fieldwork and audit report consistent with report writing guidelines
The Senior Internal Auditor will report, and work close together, to the regional Audit Manager.