“Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 13 countries and more than 20,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.”
(Senior) Design Engineer in Olen (Belgium)
Are you a Design Engineer and do you have a background in Mechanics, Physics or Electro Mechanics-Mechatronics? Do you have working experience in the automotive industry or experience with sensors and components and you are ready to take your team to the next level? Read on for this interesting position!(Senior) Design Engineers
Olen (Belgium)What are you going to do as a Design Engineer?
You are part of international operating team and responsible for design and development of high temperature thermocouple sensors and components (metal parts, cables, plastic housing of electronics) for the automotive industry. You will find solutions for customer needs and specifications and you will translates these into robust and affordable sensors and components designed for assembly. You are responsible for the technical product, from first customer contact until mass production. You will work in an international environment and as a Senior Design Engineer you will coordinate the team and work closely with various customers. You are reporting to your supervisor.Your tasks and responsibilities?
- You are going to work in international project teams on design of sensors.
- You are responsible for the development of our products for our (new) customers.
- You will translate customer requirements to the product test strategy and oversee design and product validation programs.
- You are the focal point for your customers and/or suppliers on a regular basis.
What is your background?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree (or Master’s Degree) in Engineering with specialism in Mechanics, Physics or Electro Mechanics-Mechatronics.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a (Senior) Design Engineer position in our Industry or a similar Industry.
- Fluent English is a must, command of the Dutch language is highly desired.
- Experience with (sensor) component design, supplier interaction and project work.
- Able to travel abroad (20%) to our offices in Hengelo (Netherlands), Olen (Belgium) and Sofia (Bulgaria).
What do we Offer?
We offer you a highly competitive salary, holiday days and career in an international environment with grow opportunities in our company. Besides that, we will train and develop your (technical) knowledge and (soft) skills.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
What are we doing?
Within our location in Belgium, Olen (Sensor-NITE), we have the vacancy (senior) Design Engineer for our High Temperature Sensors Lab. Sensor-NITE is developing and producing exhaust gas temperature sensors. Car manufacturers today are faced with increasing challenges. Technological requirements are continuously stepped up, because of the demand for performance, safety, efficiency and clean emissions. With our innovative products we strive to contribute to an environmentally friendly industry.