Zwevezele - Joris Ide manufactures and supplies steel products for construction. The company offers roof and wall insulated panels and profiles for various buildings including industrial, logistics, agricultural, office, sports, shops, leisure, individual and collective residential construction and renovation. The company is a top player in its industry and serves various customers including contractors, metalworkers, roofers, weather proofers, façade specialists, general contractors, retailers, farmers, and individuals, as well as architects and consulting firms. Joris Ide NV was founded in 1985 and is based in Zwevezele, Belgium with sites in 7 countries and employing over 1000 employees. The company became a subsidiary of Kingspan Group plc in 2015. Joris Ide produces and delivers on demand and within very short timelines. In order to optimize the outbound transport, Joris Ide is looking for an experienced (m/f)
Road Transport Manager
Managing the set-up of an efficient delivery of custom-made orders from our plants in Europe
• You review and rationalise our transport contracts with 3rd parties: defining needs, selecting the right partners, negotiating clear SLAs and competitive prices, managing follow-up on performance, etc.
• You initiate and lead projects of structural improvements to processes, systems, infrastructure, etc. You introduce the newest technologies into our logistics department thereby contributing to customer satisfaction and supplier effectiveness by improving visibility and automated communication.
• Of course, you ensure that all activities are compliant with current legislation and health and safety standards.
• You determine, monitor and analyse the transport KPIs and cost drivers as a way to better manage performance. You work in close cooperation with the plant managers and the operations managers. You work closely together with IT, customer service, planning etc. You report directly to the COO.
Ambitious to create the most efficient and cost effective customer delivery?
• You hold a Master's degree in economics, commercial or industrial sciences, engineering or logistics and have at least 10 years' experience in logistics, preferably in outbound transport in a production company, or with a logistics service provider or as a specialised consultant.
• You have strong project management and people skills and a you are eager to initiate and manage change (projects) to improve performance. You combine economic thinking with a focus on logistics.
• You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and you are able to start up projects from scratch. You are an advanced SAP (or other system) user with strong interest in logistics software and new communication technologies/tools that facilitate quick and user-friendly communication.
• As an excellent communicator you are strong at negotiating with external parties and encouraging collaboration inside the group. You are fluent in Dutch, English and French; knowledge of German is an asset.
A great opportunity to contribute within an international company with local roots.
• An important newly created role on top level where you are the driving force behind changes to ensure that goods reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most customer-friendly and cost-effective way. You have all the possibilities to affect the bottom line. You translate your insights into new projects and processes to the benefit of the company and its customers.
• Great autonomy while working together with people in different countries and cultures, internally and externally.
• Working for a fast growing European manufacturers in an inspiring and dynamic work environment with a strong focus on quality, innovation and entrepreneurship. Short decision lines guarantee quick decisions and offer the possibility to move forward.
• An attractive salary package completes the offer.