For one of our customers, an automotive company located in Limburg, we are recruiting an experienced Project Engineer for the R&D department.
Project Engineer R&D
- You set up a long term direction for the technology and you develop designs to meet these requirements from concept to production, within the time and cost defined by the Technology Project Manager.
- You set up and define a clear statement of requirements (SOR) for systems and subsystems in order to support the final technology.
- You propose new concepts and design solutions to meet these requirements.
- You lead a technical multifunctional team.
- You focus on a robust development by employing the correct process and tools: DFMEA, Pugh Matrix, 6 sigma tools (DoE), use of DVPR, NTI, ...
- You perform simulations to virtually develop the product or guide specialist engineers to obtain required simulation data.
- You critically examine the product design to optimize for cost and Design For Manufacturing (DFM).
- You prepare and manage new sample preparations for initial customer prototypes and you validate the design.
- You seek design/process continuous improvements (VA/VE activities).
- You initiate and support benchmarking activities.
- You obtained a master or Phd degree in mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- You have 5 years of experience in leading engineering projects.
- You have a solid technical and mechanical understanding.
- You have a strong analytical and creative approach, you are determined to find solutions and result oriented.
- Experience in vehicle dynamics in the automotive industry is an advantage.
- You are stress-resistant, customer and quality focused.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You take responsibility for a design direction within a team structure.
- You are willing to make occasional business trips.
- You have a very good knowledge of English, knowledge of German and Dutch is an advantage.
- A challenging position for an experienced project engineer in a high tech production environment.
- A competitive salary package with benefits.