You are accountable for defining, managing and implementing the short and long-term business plan for a software product, with the aim to build and maintain a profitable product. You are accountable for the long-term viability (P&L) and sustainability of your product on a commercial and technical level and oversee all operational initiatives that support the execution of your business plans.
- Business development: you initiate study and analysis on market/customer evolutions and competitive developments that could be addressed in future versions of your product(s). You assure these are evaluated on their commercial potential, economic impact to Materialise and fit with the overall strategy.
- You define the product business plan and release plan by prioritizing those developments/actions that have most impact on the product’s short and long-term commercial potential. You collect input from the key stakeholders (sales! VOC!) inside and outside our organization in order to come to a qualitative business- and release plan. You present and discuss this strategy and plan (including segmentation, targeting and positioning) to/with the members of the Management Team (product sponsor) in order to ensure alignment with the business unit’s and organization’s strategic direction.
- You manage the product and development budget from a cost perspective and provide critical input for the product sales targets. You are accountable for the P&L of your product.
- Unless explicitly delegated, you are the overall project owner/manager for the projects included in your release and business plan. You create the overall project plans and define the different sub-projects (requirements, development, marketing and product launch and sales approach). You assure project owners are identified for the different sub-projects and coordinate their activities.
- You act as the project owner for selected sub-projects and supervise those projects where ownership is delegated to product application engineers (smaller projects) or dedicated project managers (larger projects). For sub-projects where you are the owner you steer and coordinate the activities of all stakeholders that are contributing to the project.
- You are accountable for preparing and coordinating the product launch and go-to market through the definition of a marketing strategy for the different market segments, including a verified pricing scheme. You assure commercial efforts are supported by the appropriate trainings and marketing materials, manuals and user support and post launch monitoring. For younger products this can mean the market still needs to be developed and prepared.
- You are accountable for transferring a product release to the operations and support team.
- You are accountable for all regulatory and legal aspects regarding your product.
- You are accountable for monitoring (commercial) performance of your product, to assure results are in line with the expectations for your business plan and initiate actions when results are not met for the product or for specific market segments.
- You are the single point of contact, face and representative of your product at all levels of the organization (senior management, sales channels and other business units) and towards selected customers. In this way you personally keep in touch with market evolutions and customers’ needs
- Team builder: Build a close team of highly qualified experts, specialists and managers and stimulate collaboration between team members and teams in order to work as a well-functioning team.
- People manager: Coach and develop his/her employees to ensure their competencies, skills and know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning project team.
- Stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to his/her products, keep his/her knowledge up-to-date within the context of the evolutions in order to strengthen his/her credibility by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization’s success. Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive. Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally. You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.