Monsanto is a multinational with activities in agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotech. Within these sectors Monsanto is amongst the world leaders in the development of new revolutionary products. Monsanto’s headquarters is located in St. Louis (USA).
At Monsanto Antwerp, where 750 people are currently employed, there are 6 different facilities, all producing chemicals. These divisions are the property of 4 different international companies: Monsanto, Eastman, Synegis and Henkel.
MES - Automation Engineer
In this role you become a member of the Process Control Systems Team to provide a key MES- and Automation Specialist role for the Monsanto Europe Crop Protection, Vegetables- and Row Crops business. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Managing MES- and Automation Projects, systems and modifications up to level 3.
- Responsible for long range- and life cycle plans.
- Implementation of policies, standards, procedures and technical documentation up to level 3.
- Compliance to Monsanto and legislative standards in the area of MES and Automation.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting best practices and roll-out to all plants.
- Define and implement technical training and skills development.
- Provision of technical services to support operations and maintenance and provide trouble-shooting support as required.
- Technical University degree or equivalent with experience in MES, Automation or Process Control.
- Industrial IT, automation- or process control system knowledge and experience including experience in project specification, development and commissioning.
- Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues, peers and internal customers.
- Breadth of thinking to manage simultaneous complex tasks and projects across different plants.
- Ability to manage and influence teams made up of all levels, both Monsanto employees and contractors, to deliver goals.
- Good listener, with the ability to quickly gain trust across all levels and able to motivate and inspire.
- Highly results focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions.
- Ability to travel is essential in this role and can be, depending on the project phase, a substantial part of the role.
We offer a permanent position with interesting benefits. You will be working in a dynamic and enjoyable atmosphere with direct communication at every level. At Monsanto we make room for social interaction. You can take initiative and there are plenty of development opportunities and chances to grow in other functions.