Your research focuses on advanced engineering technology (machine design, automation and process control), specifically for applications in the food industry, with extension to the pharmaceutical industry. This research should therefore pay special attention to the specific requirements in these areas:
- Extreme demands in terms of hygiene, ease of cleaning and maintenance of machinery
- Large variability of raw materials and products and the need to respond flexibly
- Typical material properties (visco-elastic solids, non-Newtonian fluids, ...), and often high vulnerability of products
We are seeking a senior researcher to start up and further develop the research in mechanical engineering technology in this area on the campus in Geel. At least one additional junior staff will be hired in the near future for this research area.
- You engage in targeted scientific research, resulting in PhD’s and publications that meet international standards and lead to broad international recognition.
- You support or initiate a network of companies through the valorisation of research results and by delivering industrial services, aimed at strengthening industrial innovation.
- As part of your research programme, you develop an international partnership, within the academic world as well as with industrial partners.
- You take the lead in setting up close cooperation with the current members of the Technology Campus Geel, and with the researchers of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- You are able to acquire competitive funding, both project-based government funding as well as industrial funding.
- You strive for excellence and thus contribute to the further development of the technology campus and the department.
- You attach great importance to the valorisation of applied research for government and industry.
The academic programmes offered by this faculty aim at educating engineers with a strong focus on industry-ready technological development and problem solving.
You provide high-quality education for the Bachelor of Engineering Technology, the Master of Engineering Technology: Electromechanics and the Master of Engineering Technology: Energy mainly at Technology Campus Geel, with a clear commitment to the quality of the programme as a whole. It includes courses in the field of mechanical design, control and automation. You contribute to the faculty’s and the university’s pedagogical project by guiding student projects (for example bachelor’s and master’s theses) and supervising PhD students. Other technology campuses may also use your expertise to provide education.
You develop your teaching in accordance with KU Leuven’s views on activa...