What does this function mean?
KBC Asset Management (KBC AM) is a part of KBC Group. Our ambition is to grow and protect the assets of our clients in order to contribute to their life goals. We offer our clients the right investment solution at the right time by a continuous drive for innovation in everything that is done. We proactively interact with our distributors to create a variety of reliable solutions and deliver life-long sales support. We continuously improve the quality, efficiency, and risk management of our processes and systems. We develop skills and reward high performing team players.
The relevant vacancy is within the Product Risk department
(ARC) of KBC AM. We see it as our mission to give comfort to our clients, our distributors and our company that each investment product and investment service, at start and through its lifetime, meets our quality standards as the reference, within KBC AM's risk appetite and the prevailing regulatory framework,
- by giving timely, correct and clear advice to our partners based on a thorough analysis of past market events, and an assessment of potential future events;
- by investing in our people's risk expertise, and the risk culture within KBC AM;
- by working in a lean way;
- by leveraging on robust risk management systems and qualitative data, and on excellent co-operation with all our stakeholders;
As part of a broader team of product risk managers, you will join the quantitative risk team, which is responsible for the risk management of our structured funds, but also our model-driven funds. Next to that, we also perform validation exercises of the models used within KBC AM. We cooperate closely with our business partners during the launch of new products and processes. The job offers a great variation in the challenging domain of risk management.What do we expect from you?
We expect you to take up the following roles:
- you develop and perform the risk monitoring of model-driven funds;
- you develop and maintain specialized knowledge in the field of option valuation;
- you calculate risk figures like Global Exposure, VaR, … of portfolios managed by KBC AM;
- you perform model validations;
- you work with financial data (Bloomberg) and financial application software (Matlab, Axioma, FusionInvest, ..);
- you take care of the relationship management with business, senior management, external auditor and supervisory market authorities;
- you give advice to product development in creating and setting up new products;
- you are part of broader project groups focussing on specific assignments on e.g. new regulation, new technology, …;
You will be supported in your role by means of general KBC Asset Management trainings, specialized classical trainings and on the job learning. Apart from content driven trainings, we invest in our team via team- and skill trainings.
You will be part of a young, dynamic and heterogeneous team with various backgrounds working on challenging projects from a theoretical and practical point of view. You will work in an international environment with colleagues from Luxemburg, Dublin and Central Europe. Although the job is based in Brussels, teleworking is encouraged as part of improving the work-life balance. We work in a flexible organisation.
The KBC Asset Management Happiness team regularly organizes events – a family day, a summer BBQ, the annual personnel party or a refreshing ice cream – to give everyone a homely and welcome feeling at work.