BD is a leading medical technology company that partners with customers and stakeholders to address many of the world’s most pressing and evolving health needs. Their innovative solutions are focused on improving medication management and patient safety; supporting infection prevention practices; equipping surgical and interventional procedures; improving drug delivery; aiding anesthesiology and respiratory care; advancing cellular research and applications; enhancing the diagnosis of infectious diseases and cancers; and supporting the management of diabetes. There are more than 45.000 associates in 50 countries who strive to fulfill the purpose of “Helping all people live healthy lives” by advancing the quality, accessibility, safety and affordability of healthcare around the world. In 2015, BD welcomed CareFusion and its products into the BD family of solutions. BD Belgium staffs over 600 people in its offices in Erembodegem and Temse.
For their headquarters based in Erembodegem, TriFinance is looking for 2 Junior Team Leaders Finance.
Junior Team Leader Finance
Under the supervision of the Process Team Leader, you are responsible for planning, leading, organizing and controlling the General Ledger team, a sub team of a financial cycle in the Finance Europe Shared Services Centre. You plan and execute accounting and financial activities with your team in order to maximize the effectiveness of services provided to Europe and EMEA Countries. You initiate process improvement recommendations to the Process Team Leader, implement and follow-up actions to improve internal controls and ensure adherence to policies & procedures.
Main focus will be people management
- Lead, coach, evaluate, develop and hire your team. Help solve the problems and questions related to day-to-day issues. Make back-up and holiday planning decisions.
- Translate the vision, mission and strategy of the ESSC to your team, in order to facilitate the realization of optimal performance by your associates
- Organize internal operational team meetings in order to ensure efficient spread of Company and Process information
Next to this you have following responsibilities
- Day to day operational management:
- Manage, coordinate and delegate the execution of the financial services assigned to your sub team in the ESSC, in order to guarantee quality, efficiency, effectiveness and on time completion of the various tasks and process steps, making backup decisions as needed and appropriate and thus securing the defined key process metrics
- Assure correctness, on time delivery and sign-off on Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Training and development: Identify with your team the need for training and development; communicate this to the Process Team Leaders; initiate and coordinate on-the-job training
- Internal Controls / Quality assurance:
- Ensure that the prescribed related cycle internal & SOX controls are executed in order to guarantee completeness, correctness and security of key financial data and accounting transactions
- Provide a Representation Letter (and updates) to the Process Team Leader on a quarterly basis
- Implement, follow-up and report action plans resulting from audits and/or SOX test results
- Process improvement
- Projects: Lead or participate in project teams to support the implementation of new business/process developments, bringing on hand expert knowledge in his/her sub team, or in broader Finance projects or system implementations
For this position, you can fall back on a minimum of 3 years practical experience in a multinational finance environment and a proven ability to lead a team.
Coaching, natural leadership, planning and organizing, open communication are necessary developed soft skills.
Good knowledge of local GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS and fluency in English is necessary. Each additional European Language is a plus.
Becton Dickinson offers you the possibility to work in an international environment with respect for personal development. They offer you a competitive compensation. You will join a dynamic team whit a lot of space for initiative.