Within the Portfolio Management& Optimisation department, the SalesInterface & Pricing team manages the transferprices of gas & powercommodities for all sales segments (B2C and B2B). It is the link between thetrading desk and the sales departments. More concretely, based on costassumptions, statistical and fundamental analysis and the company’s strategyand risk appetite, the team translates wholesale market prices into prices tobe used by sales for end customers.
In an ever-evolving energy sector, methodologies in place need to be constantly challenged and improved to ensure the competitiveness of EDF Luminus on the market. The growing share of renewable energy sources require the team to find innovative solutions to meet end customer needs.
The Portfolio Management & Optimisation department is a young and dynamic environment wherein people are encouraged to be curious and innovative in a positive atmosphere.Tasks
The Junior Pricing Analyst takes ownership and is responsible for:
- Power & Gas transfer prices valuation for all market segments (B2C, B2B, Renewable Energy Sources), and developing required models and tools;
- Following up on pricing components, ensuring that all sourcing costs and risk exposures are correctly reflected in the transfer prices;
- Challenging and proposing pricing strategies and methodologies, in collaboration with traders and market data modelling team, and defending these to the management (Director-level exposure);
- Collaborating closely with B2B sales teams to understand end-customer needs and propose tailor-made solutions (Strategic Business Accounts, Tenders, etc.);
- Supporting B2B sales teams by providing pricing insights and market trends analysis;
- Analysing the EDF Luminus pricing competitiveness in the market and the pricing impact of external factors (e.g. regulatory changes, market evolutions, sourcing conditions, etc.);
- Building innovative models to price decentralized productions (wind, solar and cogeneration);
- Helping finance department to explain EDF Luminus gross margin related to commodity sales, thanks to accurate back testing and dashboards;
- Establishing medium term plan (budget horizon Y+1 to Y+3) in collaboration with finance department, depending on contracted transfer prices and expected costs;
- Representing the team in various management meetings and committees;
- Enhancing the team efficiency by automating processes.