The Java developer will be part of the midtier team of Direct Channels, which is responsible for implementing the service layer between the backend/mainframe service layer and a variety of frontend channels (Web, iOS, Android, Windows Phone…).
Writing midtier services is all about collecting data from several other parties, combining the data, formatting the data in a presentable way and pass it to the frontends as lean as possible. Performance is very important since the services are also used in a mobile context.
- Contributing to the drawing up and management of the planning for the technical design, development and implementation phases with optimal use of the available means;
- After studying and, if necessary, supplementing the functional design, drawing up the technical design with a view to the realisation of an information system that meets the functional demands ;
- Coaching and motivating the programmers as regards the technical aspects and, where possible, the contents of their work in order to realise optimal input ;
- Drawing up the technical design ;
- Coordinating the programming activities and ensuring both the quantity and quality of the work provided by the programmers;
- Drawing up test planning and ensuring that the programs have been tested in accordance with this test planning and participating in the integration tests in order to provide a system that satisfies the functional and technical specifications;