Delhaize Belgium is part of the Delhaize Group and holds a unique position on the distribution market. Today, our group has about 160,000 employees in 9 countries and on 3 continents. Our Belgian network comprises 857 stores including Delhaize supermarkets, Tom&Co and Red Market stores.Together, in 2013, we made a turnover of 5 billion euros and held a market share of 25,5%.
Are you looking for an innovative environment that allows you to develop your talent?
We offer you all the assets you need for a fascinating and varied career.
International Graduate Trainee
Are you an ambitious, highly talented graduate with a passion to learn and excel, combined with an interest in the food retail industry?
Do you want to get an international career head-start?
You may be just the person we’re looking for!
The International Graduate Trainee Program offers you a unique opportunity to develop your leadership potential in a fast paced environment, through various assignments in different departments.
Sign up for the program NOW! The vacancy will be closed on November 4th.
The 18-month Traineeship will start at the 1st of September in 2017 and consists of three different assignments of six months each:
• the first six months you will work in retail operations at one of Delhaize Group’s operating companies present in your country of residence
• the following six months you will live and work abroad, on a project assignment, in one of the countries where Delhaize Group has operating companies
• you will spend the last 6 months working on another project assignment at the Delhaize Group’s operating company present in your country of residence
The International Graduate Trainee’s primary function is to build solid retail knowledge and experience, develop leadership skills and demonstrate increased proficiency in general management and leadership capabilities throughout the Trainee Program.
• Master’s degree (between 2015-2017), preferably with a major in Business Administration or a related field
• Leadership skills, with personal qualities such as assertiveness and willingness to take calculated risks
• Strong interest in the food retail industry
• Solid interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting demands
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
• Strong cognitive and analytical skills, including problem solving and decision making
• Team oriented thinking, with the ability to build consensus necessary to achieve goals
• Willing to embark on a long term journey with Delhaize Group and attracted to and willing to live our company values: Determination, Integrity, Courage, Humility and Humor
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as training and business needs dictate during the first 6 month’s retail training
• Fluent in Dutch, French and English
An experience as varied, stimulating and challenging as possible, all to enchance your development. Training includes induction, on-the-job training, leadership and technical skills training, individual development, coaching and career counseling: enough to keep you challenged!
As a trainee you are given a dedicated mentor for the duration of the program, as well as active development support from the Global Talent Management team.
The compensation and benefits package includes an open-ended contract with a Delhaize Group operating company, an attractive and competitive salary, and international medical coverage, furnished accommodation and a company car during the assignment abroad.