Our client is a global leader in information services and solutions in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. They provide expertise and deep domain knowledge in order to assist in making critical decisions. They serve customers in over 180 countries and are located in 40 countries themselves while employing over 19000 employees world wide.
For that client we are currently looking for a smart and dynamic professional for for the position of International BI Consultant. You will be working from offices in the Ghent area but will be working for (European) clients abroad most of your time.
As a Technical BI Consultant with strong database and data modelling knowledge, you will take responsibility for the entire range of technical aspect of customer projects during the software implementation and interfacing cycle. You will be responsible for interface management, complex technical platform design, reporting, project follow-up, etc. You will translate the client?s needs into technical specifications, implement the software solutions and assure a constant follow-up and evaluation.
- Complete the implementation of the products at the customer?s site, according to the given standards
- Develop the functional requirements provided by the business consultant(s), assuring the client with the best technical set up to use our product(s) (interfaces, reports,ETL, technical platforms, etc.)
- Carry the functional acceptance and integration acceptance tests, performance tuning and benchmark
- Develop automation tools, utilities and components to enhance the integration of the solution with customers
- Document newly implemented features
- Work closely together with the business consultant(s) at the client?s site, monitor working relationships closely, answer questions and give trainings or presentations
- Keep yourself up to date in your field
- University Degree in a technical discipline (ICT)
- A degree or course work in Economics or Finance is considered an advantage
- Strong proven working knowledge of databases (T-SQL and/or Oracle)
- Strong knowledge of ETL and Data Warehousing technologies along with Data Modelling best practices
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to design mappings for Data Capture, Staging, Cleansing, Transforming, Loading, and Auditing
- Affinity with or interest in a banking context
- Knowledge in programming languages is desirable
- Fluency in English (written and oral), other languages area plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and work on international projects
- Excellent team player, customer-minded with good communication and presentation skills
- Focused on finding solutions
- Ability to learn fast and work autonomously in an international environment
- Adaptable to change and at ease in a quickly evolving context
- Obsessed by quality and passionate about his/her work
- Committed to accuracy and completeness
You will be offered a position in a team-based, international, leading financial organization. You will find straightforward communication, a fast-paced work environment and challenging projects. You?re know-how will be rewarded with interesting career opportunities and a competitive salary package.