AGO Jobs & HR
AGO Jobs & HR is jouw HR-specialist in het zoeken en vinden van jouw geschikte job. Met ons ruim kantorennet en ervaring begeleiden we je professioneel naar de arbeidsmarkt.
ICT Server & Storage Systems Administrator
The ICT Server & Storage Systems Administrator?s primary function is:
To ensure the operational IT server and storage infrastructure runs smoothly and according to Service levels as agreed upon with the business users.
To participate in the realization and implementation of optimizations (updates/upgrades) of this IT server and storage Infrastructure.
To participate in projects towards selected new IT solutions that are being installed in the IT Infrastructure landscape.
Identify and document opportunities (build the business case) where optimization of the IT infrastructure can:
Improve / ensure sustained performance / productivity,
Based on his/her specific in-depth expertise in a well-defined domain(s):
- Together with the Infrastructure Architects, propose and define roadmap.
- Participate in realization-projects and preferably have the experience to take the lead for certain infrastructure projects.
- Communicate with IT contractors and IT vendors/suppliers, as well as with IT colleagues both local as well as from other sites within the global company.
- Translate designs into detailed infrastructure configurations and build / implement accordingly.
- Refine on and adhere to a recommended, common set of best practices / IT technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Ensure that, at any time, adequate, correct and up-to-date knowledge, documentation, operating procedures, training, ? are available for the 1st line support organization.
- Handle the issues escalated by the 1st line support organization according to the service level agreement. Ensure infrastructure configuration is adapted in order to eliminate repetitive problems.
- Participate in the on-call team in order to provide 24x7x365 support on the IT infrastructure in case of unplanned downtimes or in case of planned upgrades
Master/Bachelor degree in Information Technology / Engineering required or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Several years of experience with IT server and storage infrastructure & tools.
With emphasis on Storage and Backup tools.
And good knowledge on servers & virtualization.
Specific trainings & certifications are a plus (e.g. Microsoft, Dell, EMC?).
Good knowledge of Storage & Backup hardware and tools
especially SAN, NAS, Data Governance ?
Knowledge on MS System Center suite is a plus.
Good understanding on servers & virtualization infrastructure setup.
Knowledge of HyperV or VMware.
Basic understanding of networking.
Languages: English and Dutch (French is a plus)
Good understanding of the dependencies between Infrastructure and Applications and of the importance of IT Security towards the IT Infrastructure.
Ability to work in an international business environment and perform complex multiple assignments at the same time while maintaining schedule.
Independent worker with initiative.
Solution minded and driven personality.
Eager to be technically challenged and follow new IT trends.