ITW is a fortune 200 diversified, industrial manufacturing company founded on innovation, teamwork and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. For over 100 years, ITW Employees have kept this spirit alive. Within our culture of respect and shared risk-taking, our employees have the creative freedom and the ITW resources to pursue ideas that lead to customer-focused solutions. Together, we are ITW, a company dedicated to creating opportunities to learn, grow, and build your career.
Additives International, a Division of ITW, manufactures and supplies specialty and innovative chemicals for the automotive aftermarket. Additives International manufacture products in Spain, Belgium, China and commercialize around the globe serving markets in Europe, Middle East, Russia, Asia, Africa and China. We are currently seeking an HR Manager who will provide business partnership to our teams across Europe and will implement HR best practices. The role will be based in our facility in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium.
HR Manager at ITW
The Human Resources Manager will proactively work with managers and leaders across the European organization ensuring alignment of HR priorities with business goals and supporting the achievement of business strategy and direction. The role will be responsible for a wide range of HR functions covering all phases of the employee life cycle: workforce planning, talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, talent management, rewards and recognition, employee development and engagement, employee relations and company culture. The role will report to the Division HR Director and will be part of a broader and global HR community within ITW. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the strategic and operational business plans, provide input on their HR implications and help define an HR strategy to ensure alignment of HR priorities with business strategy and goals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers across Europe, gain credibility and trust, understand their current and future business challenges and provide high quality HR support. Ensure consistency of our HR policies and employee experience across different European countries.
- Coach, mentor and advise business leaders through all elements of the HR lifecycle. Will influence decisions and will drive necessary changes to ensure continual performance improvements, employee engagement, retention and effective succession plans.
- Assess organizational and leadership capabilities and build plans to improve them and ensure achievement of long term business goals. Develop leader´s skills, knowledge and confidence to proactively manage difficult and sensitive people issues.
- Work with managers and employees across Europe to spread deeper knowledge and understanding of ITW culture and values as well as the unique business model.
- Advise business managers on organizational design and workforce planning to enable the business to grow and operate effectively: organization redesign, defining work structure, job design and job grading, reporting lines, clear responsibilities, job requirements. Will influence all key decision on organizational change and development, build and implement change management plans.
- Attract, select and hire the best talent for our team and ensure an effective onboarding to accelerate their integration into the ITW culture and business model. Educate and influence business leaders on creating a diverse workforce and building an inclusive culture.
- Collect, monitor, review and analyze HR data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience. Ensure employee data accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation. Provide valuable input and expertise to the leadership team and Division HR Director in terms of local labor law and European practices.
- Support local implementation of business-critical HR related projects
- Working close to Division HR, define talent management agenda in line with ITW´s talent strategy: talent and potential assessment, calibration, talent development plans, succession planning. Working with the Division HR, build plans to increase organizational capabilities and move talent to the next level.
- Train and guide managers to boost performance management to the next level and create a high performing environment: goal setting, effective performance feedback, performance calibration and assessment, compensation planning.
- Implement ITW compensation policy. Ensure compensation and benefits are aligned with market practice. Lead the annual merit increase process. Ensure incentives are aligned with business priorities and goals. Participate in the required compensation studies.
- Advise business leaders on how to improve the communication of business related subjects among employees and cascade down business and corporate messages.
- There will be a need to travel throughout Europe to build strong working relationships within the business leaders. It is required up to 30% travel.
- The successful candidate will work with the Division HR Director and the wider HR team in our Platform providing support and advice and sharing best HR practices and ideas. Will also ensure good communication and alignment with broader corporate HR policies.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field is a requirement.
- 5+ year-experience operating in a generalist HR role, with demonstrated success in influencing business leader´s decisions.
- Ability to understand business strategy and its HR implication.
- Experience influencing and driving important change management projects.
- Prior experience operating across Europe is a requirement. Sensitivity to cultural differences is a must have.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of European HR practices and employment laws will be an essential requirement.
- Success in driving effective retention strategies, employee development plans, rewards programs.
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French.
- Proficiency with Microsoft-Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) is a requirment.
- Proven experience influencing business Leaders´ decisions and behaviors.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all levels within the organization.
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify problems and drive appropriate and effective solutions.
- Must exhibit high energy, flexibility and results orientation.
- Must display a hands-on approach and strong work ethic.
- Analytical mindset and strong orientation to detail.
We offer you a challenging and versatile job in a truly international environment
You will work in a financially strong, growing and dynamic company with possibilities for
step-by-step career growth.
You will receive a permanent contract with a competitive salary.
The job is located in Sint-Niklaas Belgium.