As a Global Sales Director, you are responsible for the all sales to Medical Device Companies globally. The following responsibilities are part of your role:
- You will define the global sales strategy. This means that you will identify and follow up on global and local trends, determine which regions need further development, determine the main customer profiles in your markets and identify key customers. You define which growth should be realized and how, and keep the pulse of the regional market DNA to determine how best to align with it.
- You analyze sales results and provide input on how the sales strategy can be improved and further fine-tuned based on your understanding of customer and market evolutions and sales expertise. You develop and propose solutions and guide their implementation.
- You work with your team of sales managers and Global account managers to set individual sales objectives and sales plans for their accounts and in line with the specific strengths of each.
- You define and negotiate deal structures and pricing in our strategic and complex partnerships, looking at the value drivers in the collaboration from various angles. You coach the global account managers to achieve valuable partnership agreements.
- You maintain frequent contacts with strategically important customers and/or prospects to ensure that a long-term relationship can be built up and, thus, the set turnover can be realized. Act as the account manager for selected key customers.
- You oversee consistent pricing and the correctness of outgoing quotations and contracts to ensure that the customer is given an honest and correct proposal.
- You coach the members of your team in order to help them realize their objectives and guide them in their professional development. You will find numerous ways to influence, empower and motivate team members to bring out the best in them in a way that inspires everyone for getting better results.
- You guide your team in sales projects and activate them to make proper use of the supporting systems.
- You assure an alignment between the strengths and capabilities of your team members and the needs of the organization and market, in order to maximize your team’s impact with the available resources. You identify gaps and develop and propose actions where resources or skills are needed to meet objectives, or where structural improvements can be made.
- As the people manager of the team, you will also be responsible for detecting training needs, and working on the career development of your team members.
- You will define sales actions such as Mailing Actions, events, ...
- You have revenue and margin responsibility for your global team.
- You are responsible for budget and target setting, including resource planning and marketing needs.
- You deliver monthly forecast reports to senior management.
- You are part of the Medical Management Team. You assure the sales plan is in line with the overall business unit strategy and objectives and tailored to the market situation and diversity in your scope. You actively contribute to defining the Medical strategy and provide relevant market information to the Management team and other relvenat stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure you are well-informed about the evolutions within the specific field and that your knowledge is up-to-date within the context of new developments to ensure your credibility can be strengthened by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization’s success. Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive. Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally. You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.