Ensure Business is timely and correctly informed on the latest requirements and upcoming changes of regulations addressing product health, safety and environmental requirements (LVD, EMCS, GPSD, PPE, ROHS, etc) as well as future compliance trends in EMEA & APAC.
Identify and secure legal tracking tools (databases, newspapers, etc.) for the applicable legislation
The CE marking Specialist is responsible for legal tracking, vigilance, interpretation and, in cooperation with other business groups, concluding on necessary actions with regards to the new and updated legislation affecting VWR products.
He provides professional support on expert subject to internal stakeholders to allow a rapid reaction on customer requests and arising obstacles including market surveillance activities
Key Tasks and major duties
- Identify and follow up on upcoming and updated European legislation addressing product Safety and market needs affecting products by utilizing tracking tools and network
- Analyse regulatory requirements
- Monitor EU Oj publications to identify any newly listed standards
- Coordinate, review and consolidate the analysis of local regulatory requirements done by local regulatory responsible
- Draft and define, in cooperation with stakeholders, instructions with appropriate conformity actions for Business.
- Give input and work together with Product Management and OEM to secure compliant products are placed on the market.
- Advice Business, local Regulatory Affairs responsible, local sales/ marketing in compliance matters ( e.g requirements for new products, interpretation of regulations and standards, etc.)
- Act/report proactively when recognizing significant business risk for VWR.
- Assist local Regulatory Affairs Responsible in contacts with governmental bodies, towards Market Surveillance in case of non-compliance or any enquiry.
- Maintain close relationship with other business groups ( e.g. Sourcing, Product Management, Sales, QA etc)
- Monitor competitors and OEM practices to understand the market and assess the risks
- Participate in/ lead product compliance related projects