Genk - As one of the first companies Facil has developed a full-service concept for fastening technologies. The concept embraces all aspects of fastening in the car and truck industry. OEM customers use Facil's service from the early concept phase throughout the entire lifecycle of the product. The package provides the comprehensive service for engineering, quality, purchasing and logistics. With this concept Facil provides the complete fastening technology for a constantly growing annual number of currently millions of cars and trucks. In the coming years the concept will also be rolled out in related sectors like agriculture, construction, rail and other.
Facil's headquarters are located in Genk (BE). The company has branches and development centers all over the world (France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, USA, Mexico, China, Japan and Thailand). In the European HQ in Genk Facil has a vacancy for an (m/f)
International role working for the biggest car and truck OEMs
• You make sure the engineering department strives to stay 'best in class' and remains a key value contributor and differentiator towards the highly demanding customers: you push and pull cost reduction idea generation events, you monitor sector trends, you stimulate creative thinking and you watch over the branding towards the customer
• You are responsible for the set-up, implementation and management of cost reduction and standardization programs in line with the internal and/or customer expectations
• You coordinate, supervise, manage and support your team members (fastener engineers) in the local branches in order to meet customer satisfaction demands in terms of application support, problem solving and other engineering-related demands
• You coordinate the design process for running parts, you participate in the drawing approval process and you keep the Facil Parts/Drawings documentation inventory updated
• You manage Customer Vehicle Program Launches with a team of resident/program engineers located at the customer premises
• You manage support by the engineering department to business development and operational projects (customer and internal)
• You apply and safeguard the Facil values and management principles in daily operations
• You escalate market and organizational needs and opportunities to corporate level and work on continuous improvement projects to adapt to the ever changing environment
• You work out of the Belgian HQ, you manage a remote team and you report to the Managing Director Europe and to the Global VP Quality and Engineering.
Entrepreneur and intrapreneur
• You hold a technical Master's degree, you understand application engineering without being a technician. Most importantly you are above average practically intellectual
• You are experienced on a management level within the automotive or related sectors (production of rolling equipment)/ an ISO-TS project environment. Rather young age and comparably limited experience is not necessarily a show-stopper. Potential counts!
• Knowledge of fastener-related technologies and problem solving methodologies (8D/DMAIC/5Why's) is a true asset
• You have an open, international mind-set
• You possess emotional intellect to drive and to inspire in a matrix structure
• You are fluent in English (other languages are an asset)
• You are analytical and people-oriented. You have strong business acumen, you think 'opportunities' and 'solutions' and you have the drive to make things happen in a team
• You feel comfortable with a high workload/degree of responsibility
• Travel is a plus to you rather than a burden.
An interesting responsibility in a dynamic and fast growing environment
A positive, no-nonsense 'can do' and 'let's do' company culture in which learning and development are highly stimulated. An interesting responsibility remunerated with a fair salary package.