As a cost accountant you are responsible for timely costing and controlling the material ledger for the products both held within the inventories of own entity as well as these materials sold to other entities and materials imported from other entities. By routinely checking SAP transactions, incorrect cost allocations and large variances in actual costing of materials are avoided. This is achieved by routine controls, target setting in SAP for material and activity prices and delivering accurate and timely financial information to various departments at the site in Ghent and other international sites.
You report to the teamleader cost accounting and you have strong connects with the corporate cost team, regional (cost) accountants and various departments.
Together with the cost accounting team you are responsible for:
- Correct costing of new (and existing) materials
- Routinely check SAP and correct system errors in advance of the month end closing
- Timely report deviations from the target or previous month cost
- Perform monthly closing routines, required presence and actively involved in month end closing period
- Support the team lead in building an annual budget plan that leads to new standard costing of all materials for the coming year
- Act as an advisor to cost center managers
- Supporting maintenance budgets and project cost control reporting
- Create specifications for balance sheet and pay-roll
- Prepare statistical reports and improve site reports
- Forecasting (site conversion costs and costs of goods sold)
- Act as back up for the team lead cost accounting