For our customer, an international production company, located in Ghent, we are looking for a Cost Accountant.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for timely costing and controlling the material ledger for the products both held within the inventories of own entity as well as these materials sold to other entities and materials imported from other entities and sold through the Belgium entity. By routinely checking SAP transactions, incorrect cost allocations and large variances in actual costing of materials are avoided. This is achieved by routine controls, Target setting in SAP for material and activity prices and delivering accurate and timely financial information to various departments at the Ghent site, the Corporate Cost Organization and the Business.
The Cost Accountant reports to the Team Lead Cost Accounting, has strong connects with the Corporate Cost Team, regional (Cost) Accountants and various departments.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Cost Accounting Team
- Correct Costing of new (and existing) materials;
- Routinely check SAP and correct system errors in advance of the month end closing ? material ledger run;
- Timely report deviations from the Target or previous month cost;
- Perform Monthly Closing Routines, required presence and actively involved in month end closing period;
- Support the Team Lead Cost Accounting in building an Annual Budget Plan that leads to new standard costing of all materials for the coming year;
- Act as an advisor to cost center managers;
- Supporting maintenance budgets and project cost control reporting;
- Create specifications for balance sheet and pay-roll;
- Prepare statistical reports both for the Corporate organization and the Local government;
- Improve and develop site reports;
- Forecasting (Site conversion costs and costs of goods sold);
- Act as back up for the Team Lead Cost Accounting and colleague.
- Bachelor/university level degree ?in finance- or corporate economics;
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of a multinational production/managerial cost accounting environment with demonstrated accuracy and experience in a financial consulting-, advisory role;
- Fluent in Dutch and English both oral and written;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and preferred knowledge of the Material Ledger system in SAP-R3;
- Organized ? to stay on top of significant amount of data and requests for reports/tasks. Demonstrated by: able to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, complete tasks, quality output;
- Working effectively in a team environment;
- Individuals should be self-motivated and have the initiative to resolve problems with minimum supervision;
We offer a challenging job in an international environment where continuous learning and personal involvement are stimulated.