You are part of a dynamic purchase team and responsible for the Asia sourcing of fasteners and connectors within the automotive industry. You will evaluate the customer needs and search for new opportunities within the supplier market.
Together with the team you will develop and execute the Asia sourcing strategy to support their fast growing projects in China, India and Thailand. You will use your technical knowledge and skills to find customer focused solutions. Negotiating long term agreements, supplier (customer) contacts and kick off market research will be some of your daily challenges.
You will be reporting to the Purchasing Manager.
• Follow-up of price requests for OEM customers within a specific commodity
• Initiate and follow-up RFQ’s with the approved supply base
• Update price and order database
• Manage annual cost reductions through supplier negotiation and resourcing
• Manage all suppliers in a commodity, including supplier reduction
• Project management with internal and external customers
• Communicate with other departments
• Report negotiation results and site-visits