The Business Development Officer reports to the Head of Business Development at Allen & Overy Belgium. The Business Development Officer sits within the Business Development Team and works closely with lawyers of one or more practice groups. The successful candidate will operate from our Brussels or Antwerp offices and will be available for some limited travel abroad (for example, to attend Global BD training at our HQ in London).
The role encompasses three key areas of responsibility:
1. Business Development
- You define and implement strategic BD planning in your areas of responsibility.
- You draft pitches for new business opportunities (proposals, presentations, pricing).
- You acquire knowledge of the firm’s client portfolio in order to be able to identify new opportunities.
- You help lawyers develop and monitor client relationships and are involved in client-relationship meetings.
- You are specifically in charge of monitoring the development of the relationship with some key clients (with lawyers).
- You become your lawyers’ trusted advisor and are able to challenge them on client-related initiatives.
- You are responsible for knowledge management regarding prospects and clients (data collection and reporting).
2. Marketing & PR activities
- You conceive and organise events and seminars, with the help of other departments and external providers.
- You participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international).
- You conceive and update marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers.
- You are involved in the writing of press releases and in the firm's social media activities.
- You lead training programmes for lawyers on marketing- and communication-related topics and skill sets.
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a very international dimension. We greatly value our unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. Positive attitude matters to us, and we strongly believe it defines the way in which we work, both with clients and colleagues.
Working within a multi-national team, you will have an exciting professional support role and room for personal development. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience. The package includes luncheon vouchers, a mobile phone, net allowance, pension scheme, insurance package, free public transportation, a 13th month payment and contractual ‘extra-legal’ holidays.