We are currently looking for a business developer - life sciences with a strong affinity for innovative early stage drug discovery and development.
You will be involved in all business development & licensing activities and work under the supervision of the Director Business Development. Your responsibilities will include monitoring of the trends and market dynamics within relevant therapeutic areas, performing in-depth commercial analysis to identify the most promising partnering opportunities and preparing presentations, reports and deal proposals to successfully exploit finalized projects.
In addition, you will work closely with the Project Business Developer to evaluate the unmet need, competitive field and market opportunity for new project proposals.
The successful candidate should have a strong commercial feeling for business opportunities and an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for innovation in life sciences. We’re looking for a highly-motivated and talented individual with strong communication skills to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, academic researchers and industry stakeholders.
- You hold minimally a master or PhD degree in a life sciences related field; an additional commercial/business degree is a plus;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in drug discovery related research or business development. Initial experience in Pharma/Biotech is preferable;
- You have a passion for life sciences and innovation and a good feeling for the business and commercial aspects related thereto;
- You are a team player who can operate independently with attention for quality and details and at the same time be outgoing and a strong networker;
- You are ambitious, hard and diligent worker willing to take responsibility and to learn fast;
- You are pro-active, goal oriented and can handle deadlines and pressure while taking responsibility for multiple projects at the same time;
- You are communicative and fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written); (French is considered as an asset).