For our client Vyncolit in Ghent, we are currently looking for an Automation Engineer who’s in for spadework. In this function, you are responsible for designing, configuring and integrating hard- and software for automation projects. You report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Automation Engineer (m/v)
Your job is to implement and follow up on new technologies, to lift the current installations to a higher level. Moreover, you have to be able to analyze automation disturbances, as well as implement and release modifications. You are responsible for the setup of the networks and communication between different PLC’s, PC’s and scanners. You also provide guidelines for software development of our automation systems. The purpose of your work is to streamline the realization process and to make it as efficient, safe and cost-effective as possible.
- You have a master’s degree industrial engineering electrical engineering and automatization, or a master’s degree IT, with experience in a production environment.
- You have a thorough technical knowledge of Siemens S7-PLC’s, Wonderware and/or other systems.
- Knowledge of ERP integration is an asset.
- You are eager to learn and prepared to learn other PLC systems.
- You have relevant work experience in an automation environment.
- With a practical attitude, you constantly pursue optimization.
- You are capable to develop your own vision and contribute to the general policies and evolutions concerning automation.
- You are capable of making a costs-benefit analysis.
- You have a thorough professional proficiency in English and you are willing to develop an equal proficiency in Dutch.
As Automation Engineer, you arrive in a high technological environment, where real development opportunities are offered. Vyncolit pursues innovation and offers an intensive and structured training for their employees. Moreover, they offer a strong salary package with several, extralegal benefits.