He/she will be responsible for daily accounting activities for all companies in the Group and assists the senior accountant during the closing cycle with ad hoc financial tasks.
The Accountant will have the following key responsibilities:
- Keep accounts payable and general accounting i.e. processing of invoices, reconciliations, interaction with vendors, monitoring the accounting mailbox and posting of accruals;
- Process employee expense reports, reconcile company credit card statements and verify that expenses are within the company guidelines;
- Process bank statements and petty cash transactions;
- Verify per transaction, the cycle of purchase order, good receipt and invoice and ensure that approval procedures are respected;
- Keep analytical accounting per cost center;
- Prepare payments via Isabel;
- In charge of VAT obligations (VAT declaration and VAT questionnaire);
- Involved in the closing cycle;
- Assist Line Manager with ad hoc tasks;
- Interact with external audit during the Year End and Half Year closing.