As a Teammanager Actuarial Support you and your team are responsible for:
- The management of the day-to-day tasks that are assigned to the actuarial department and the preparation of any related reporting.
- The management of the profit testing and pricing tasks that the actuarial department conducts for the product & pricing department, including the preparation of any related reporting.
- The support of the operational department in complex actuarial matters.
- The supervision the actuarial aspects of the management of group insurance policies.
- Conducting these activities taking the legislation into account (on reserving, solvency and governance), as well as the risk appetite of the company and other local and group guidelines.
- Managing, creating and maintaining the related knowledge, process documentation and (together with the ICT-department) the calculation tools.
- Assuring that your activities are conducted in a qualitative way through continuous improvement of processes and methodologies.
- Assisting other departments and external stakeholders and consultants in matters that require actuarial specialist input.
- Providing the necessary information internally and also in order to report to external parties.
- Working closely together with the risk and finance department to assure that they can execute their duties appropriately.
In relation to these tasks you :
- Support the Head of Actuary in his role
- Participate and contribute to assignments of several committees
- Manage the overall planning of tasks
- Guide and coach your employees