ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Group is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from several locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and USA, with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 300 million euros.
Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) Manager
Description de la fonction
The Sales and Operations Manager is accountable for ensuring rigorous adherence and execution of the Sales and Operations process - which he/she is process owner - across functions and sites. He/she will also become a Subject Matter Expert for all Scheduling activities. Reporting to the COO, he/she will closely work with the Operations Management teams of all sites as well as with the Procurement, Programme, Finance and HR teams.
He/she will also manage the Asco BE Master Scheduler in close collaboration with the Plant Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure up to date definition of the Sales and Operations Planning process :
Formal group wide Sales and Operations process has been introduced at group level in 2014. Ensuring improvement and evolution of this process as it gains maturity is a key element of the function.
* Ensure rigorous monthly adherence to the Sales and Operations process :
The objective for Management Committee members lead by the CEO is to validate that ASCO has all resource required (investment, People and Supply Chain Capacity) to respond to an understood cutomer demand
* Maintains and standardizes skills in Scheduling
As ASCO has moved into a decentralised structure, scheduling skills are difficult to maintain. The S&OP manager will ensure the Scheduling skills (demand management, MPS maintenance, Manufacturing Orders management and Supplier demand management are maintains across the group. This will be done through a network of Key Users across various functions and sites.
* Verifies adherence to standards
Sales and Operations manager will organise surveillance of Standards pertaining to Scheduling across the group with help of other functions,
* Support ASCO BE Master scheduler
ASCO BE, our largest site organised around several "Operating Units" has a Master Scheduler that will report directly to him. This is to ensure adequate support of the Shop floor scheduling and buyers across the different teams.
Also, as ASCO embarks in a transformation of its production systems and flows, the Sales and Operations manager will be a key partner of the project team to redefine demand management in a lean environment from customer to sites and suppliers.
Education : Engineering degree (civil or industrial) preferred
Languages : Sound knowledge of English, Dutch and French if preferred
Skills / Experience :
* Fluency with scheduling and procurement management systems;
* 6/10 years' experience in ERP tools required, MAPIX would be a plus;
* Experience in medium size batch production environment is a must, within Aerospace would be a plus;
* Experience in Pull manufacturing environment as well as MRP is necessary
* Good teaching skills necessary;
* Team facilitation skills and ability to work in a matrix environment are required;
* Excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills;
* Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; capable to interact and communicate effectively with people from different levels ranging from CEO and Senior Management level to Schedulers and buyers;
Based in Zaventem, regular travel to the other sites in US, Canada and Germany is to be expected but should not exceed a week per month.
Our Offer :
Asco offers a position in a fast growing and changing environment with opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.