Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Research Engineer specialized in NMR
Description de la fonction
The Analytical Department of the Research Center of Feluy (Belgium) being part of the Refining and Chemistry branch of TOTAL is looking for a Research Engineer specialized in NMR for a fixed-term contract of 12 months.
Under the responsibility of the Structure, Functionality and Morphology Service Manager, the applicant mission will be to:
* Design, conduct and implement developments in high resolution NMR to provide the key chemical informations required by the R&D departments and other RC's divisions in the field of catalysts and polymers characterization and in this way participate in the development and commercialization of new products, catalysts or processes and resolution of problems encountered by customers or in the Business Units.
* Adapt practices to customer requests and products, evaluate new methods and new equipments,
* Operate and analyze Low Field NMR experiments.
* Realize assays, analyze results, draw conclusions, make the necessary recommendations and draft synthetic documents
* Ensure reliable analytical results,
* Propose and follows works done with academics in her/his area of ??competence,
* Propose equipment investments, maintenance schedules, ensures the availability of machines and consumables,
* Tutor trainees,
PhD in chemistry or analytical science. NMR specialty.
Moreover, Knowledge or experience in Low Field NMR, catalyze and/or Polymer domains would be highly appreciated
Great interpersonal skills
Strong written and oral communication skills in French and in English.
To have an analytical turn of mind
To work as a team
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.