Responsible for guidance, documentation, metrics and follow up of the management and implementation of projects within the CMI department. The PMO manager will report on project activities, problems and requirements to the CMI staff as a management tool in keeping project managers and their management moving toward consistent, business- or mission-focused goals and objectives in line with the CMI strategic plan.
- Set standards for how projects are run. The PMO builds up a common set of practices, principles and templates for managing projects. He ensures the project management standards are followed.
- Gathering of project data and production of information for management review. The PMO will track the status of all projects based on updates from the project managers. He will standardize the way this information is compiled and reported to management.
- Sets up and facilitate the portfolio management process:
- By capturing project requests and ensuring each request has sufficient information to assess the project.
- By keeping an up-to-date repository of projects underway and requests pending review.
- By managing a resource capacity plan or resource forecast to help understand resource availability for projects and manage internal expectations. (including. Holiday planning, special requests,…)
- Work with the CMI staff and internal customers to anticipate project risks, resolve issues, consistently meet deadlines and achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Leads the process for creating and maintaining documentation of all CMI processes and requirements.
- Lead some of the CMI transversal projects yourself.