Description de la fonction
As the legal & compliance manager, you are part of the Medical and Regulatory Affairs department and you will report to the Head of Medical and Regulatory Affairs.
Your key accountabilities related to legal are the following:
• Ensure that the management team is kept informed of relevant legal developments in the Benelux on issues related to business development, employee relations, intellectual property, litigation, corporate and governance compliance, tax and insurance compliance, contracting, etc.;
• Be responsible for proper contract handling, including preparing templates, preparing and negotiating contracts and archive all contractual documentation;
• Limit litigation risk exposure, including risk derived from clinical issues and employee relations, working closely with executives across the Benelux;
• Ensure corporate compliance, including adherence to relevant tax, governance, and insurance regulations, working closely with Novartis’ Head of Legal;
• Support the business through identification of opportunities founded on the country’s legal framework.
Your key accountabilities related to compliance are the following:
• Establish and improve compliance standards based on internal policies and local law and regulations and Establish and improve processes and Standard Operation Procedures, e.g. covering promotional material/content;
• Ensure communication and implementation of the BPO process;
• Conduct on-boarding as well as continuous training on compliance standards and business practices;
• Continually provide advice and guidance to the business and management on compliance topics and challenges;
• Conduct compliance risk assessments including third-party due diligence/audits;
• Develop processes to self-monitor the compliance program on country level;
• Champion speak-up, transparency and a culture of integrity throughout the organization.
• Actively follow trends in the market and regulatory environment as well as in business practices and advise country management on compliance related aspects;
• Actively engage in industry associations and other compliance related stakeholder groups;
• Actively engage in Global/Regional Compliance initiatives such as the Compliance Network and be an active member of the global compliance community;
• Support investigations of alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by the BPO;
• Support country management in proposing and implementing sanctions relating to BPO cases for consistency of sanctions throughout the country;
• Consider appropriate ways to communicate about consequences of compliance related misconduct.
• You have a University Degree in law or other relevant subject matter;
• You are fluent in Dutch, French, and English (oral and written);
• You have an extensive experience in legal practice, with a significant (>5 years) experience in pharmaceutical law;
• You have a good knowledge of the medical devices industry, its dynamics and customer needs;
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to be persuasive, to negotiate and to resist business pressure;
• You are an advanced problem solver with solid presentation and advocacy skills;
• You are passionate about business integrity topics and you have an impeccable integrity track record;
• You have the ability to represent Alcon externally on integrity compliance topics and to question and improve status quo;
• You are result-driven, disciplined and excellent in multi-tasking.
Our client offers you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Your work location will be Vilvoorde.
You will have an high impact on the organization and are key in developing and implementing the legal department and the compliance program. You will have a lot of autonomy in the organization of your function and tasks.
Our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package.
Your work location is Vilvoorde and Alcon supports a flexible work-life integration.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.