The IT Test Engineer primary responsibilities are to insure the quality of software development and deployment at every stage, to conduct automated and manual tests to ensure that the software created by developers is fit for purpose, to analyse the software and systems to avert risk and prevent software issues.
The IT Test Engineer reports directly to the Head of Information Systems.
The successful candidate should be available to start as soon as possible. The position will involve:
- Being part of a development team committed to deliver high-value software
- Ensuring the quality of software development and deployment
- Managing the quality assurance of new projects as well as existing software (bug, patches)
- Defining test strategy and test plans for the different products based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software is fit for purpose
- Generating and managing historical analysis of test results and defects by documenting anomalies and issues
- Operating and maintaining test environments
- Promoting test automation by developing and maintaining automated test scripts and their environments
- Organizing and supporting UAT (User Acceptance Test) phases during projects
- Contributing to software documentation and instructions for end users
- Ensuring compliance with general programming best practices
- Fulfilling other responsibilities and tasks as necessary for the good organisation of the office, as mandated by the COST Association Director.