Delhaize, which generated sales of EUR 5.0 billion in 2015and had a market share of 24.0%* in Belgium, employs over 14,000 people. The banner is part of Ahold Delhaize, which is present in 11 countries and employs approximately 375,000 people around the world. Ahold Delhaize’s network consists of 6,500 stores.
At the end of June 2016, Delhaize Le Lion / De Leeuw’s network consisted of 759 stores (Belgium & Luxembourg) operated under different formats (Delhaize supermarkets, AD Delhaize, Proxy Delhaize, Shop ‘n Go and Red Market), which enables to provide a unique shopping experience together with a high quality service.Delhaize offers a large assortment of more than 20,000 quality products at affordable prices.
Are you looking for an innovative environment that allows you to develop your talent?
We offer you all the assets you need for a fascinating and varied career.
Financial Accounting & Control Manager
Description de la fonction
The Financial Accounting Department is part of the Finance organization of Delhaize Belgium, and acts in the closing process as a partner with Operational Accounting, having full Legal Entity view, and performing monthly closing activities before handing over figures for business analysis to the Business Performance Department.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Accounting and Credit Risk, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Oversee the financial accounting processes of Delhaize Belgium in order to ensure complete, accurate and timely data for the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process in accordance with IFRS, statutory regulations and DG accounting policies.
• Responsible for month end financial reporting to headquarter, the Delhaize Belgium sub-consolidation process as well as the statutory reporting of the legal entities within the scope of Delhaize Belgium(Belgium, France, Luxembourg), including Worker’s Council information.
• Guarantee controls in place for balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations to ensure a fair view of the financial statements.
• Coordination and single point of contact for internal and external audit.
• Ensure adherence to strong internal controls and control procedures within the finance department supporting the accuracy of the financial statements.
• Identify opportunities for internal control improvements and assist the finance department in the development and implementation of procedures and policies.
• Coordinate and single point of contact for finance related topics in acquisition, disposal or other affiliate intervention transactions.
• Active involvement and lead in optimization projects for accounting processes and systems.
• Partner with Operational Accounting and strong cooperation with the Business Controlling department.
• Close collaboration with different business departments, tax and legal within the Delhaize Belgium organization and the Delhaize Corporate departments.
• Develop and lead a team of 3-5 financial controllers taking into account the skill levels of the different team members.
• Master in finance, economics or accountancy. • At least 10 years of experience in financial audit, finance management or in a similar function in an international company. • Thorough knowledge of IFRS and BE-GAAP and internal control procedures. • Strong analytical skills and result driven. • Strong finance technical skills, able to the evaluate the financial statements, determine risk and detect potential issues. • Demonstrated Management and Leadership skills, able to lead, coach and motivate a team • Excellent communicator (Dutch, English and French). • Team player Our offer By joining us, you will get an attractive salary coupled with benefits package and real career opportunities. You will join a highly skilled team and work in a friendly working environment. Delhaize will offer you challenges but also fun.
By joining us, you will get an attractive salary coupled with benefits package and real career opportunities. You will join a highly skilled team and work in a friendly working environment. Delhaize will offer you challenges but also fun.