The Field Service Technician is accountable for providing technical support to Lubrizol Specialty Products, Inc. (LSPI) in all aspects of injection equipment and chemical product management; at the Antwerp equipment fabrication site and international customer & product storage locations.
International travel will be mainly to the Middle East and in Europe, with occasional travel to the Far East, Africa, CIS and USA. International travel will occupy between 30 to 50% of the time, with a maximum consecutive travel period of 2 weeks in general. Travel will only be to countries deemed safe for travel by LSPI.
Technical support includes installation, operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, repair, field testing and providing training to customers – for both mechanical and electrical equipment and LSPI’s chemical products management.
While not travelling, perform administrative tasks such as – but not limited to - issuing site visit reports, assistance with equipment design, updating equipment operating manuals and presentations.
Participation in internal and external technical & personal development training and offshore survival and safety training will be an ongoing process.
It is required to work in an environment with a high variation of type of work (customer interaction, office work, field manual labor, etc.), at various international locations and to plan own work and travel schedules independently.Responsibilities:
- Visit international customer sites (offshore/onshore) and provide courteous customer service.
- Visit product storage bases located internationally.
- Installation, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Handling LSPI flow improver chemical products.
- Provide equipment and product training to customers.
- Perform factory acceptance testing of equipment at LSPI equipment fabrication site.
- Perform field trials at customer sites to demonstrate LSPI flow improver product performance.
- Assist with equipment design.
- Assist with updating operating, maintenance and installation manuals and presentations.
- Follow offshore survival and safety training every 4 years (includes firefighting and Helicopter underwater escape training)