Modular Lighting Instruments (www.supermodular.com), situated in Roeselare, is a statement in the world of high-end architectural designer lighting: non-stop innovating, surprising the customers, being creative with light and products, developing new lighting concepts,...
As trendsetter in contemporary architectural lighting, we grew from a small company to a healthy financial organization in 37 years. We are part of the international Philips Lighting department. Our team of 180 employees works in offices and showrooms all over the world and distributes the Modular products in 80 countries.
Development Engineer Modular Lighting Instruments
Description de la fonction
Key areas of responsibility:
- The central R & D department has worldwide responsibility for the development of new lighting concepts to concrete and feasible luminaires, taking into account the different internal and external manufacturing processes, quality requirements and the expectations of the customers, the product management team and the marketing department.
- The development engineer is responsible for the development project and is assisted during weekly concept meetings by engineering colleagues.
- Important here are the strategic meetings with designers as well as alignment with the Modular production, quality and procurement departments.
- Customer-specific developments are also discussed with your (project) sales colleagues.
- In the central engineering department you will be responsible for the development of luminaire concepts into feasible products by using Siemens NX CAD system.
- You coordinate and guide the testing procedures that are necessary for the development of the products.
- Installation friendly, aesthetically perfect, technically advanced, energy efficient, flexible and modular design are embedded in your daily work.
- The components of our products can be manufactured from metal, plastic or glass. You follow up your design and continuously assist purchase, quality and production departments so that a timely and smooth production start-up is guaranteed.
- ?You follow the progress of the development of your products closely. You continuously adjust where necessary to assure a quick and efficient development process.
- You report to the R & D manager on a daily basis.
- You are owner of a bachelor/master degree (Electro- Mechanics, Product Design) or you have equivalent experience.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in product development. Knowledge of electronics is an advantage.
- You have a thorough knowledge of a 3D drawing package, preferably Siemens NX. You have at least general CAD drawing experience
- You have specific knowledge of industrial development processes in the context of new product development.
- You have experience with coordinating and planning projects.
- An analytical mindset with interest in design, an eye for creative alternatives, a strong sense of detail and quality characterize your approach.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes for plastics, metals and alloys, wood or glass are an advantage
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
- You are flexible and enjoy working in a team.
- A dynamic, young and growing company with an international character and career opportunities for result- oriented employees. There is a no-nonsense mentality where decisions are quickly made and you receive the support of an experienced manager during your period of training.
- Competitive base salary package (inclusive lunch vouchers, end year gratification, holiday pay)
- 20 days of leave and 9 additional compensation days extra
- Solid pension scheme (at least 2 different group insurances), and a collective health insurance inclusive dental care (possibility for the members of your family to join at a competitive price)
- Elaborative set of tools to drive your career, free web based trainings and coaching on the job
- Healthy work-life balance, which means you can enjoy flexible working hours.