Premium Sound Solutions
Dendermonde - Premium Sound Solutions (PSS), a former Philips Electronics company, is a leading innovator and global supplier of automotive and consumer sound solutions. PSS has built an unrivalled reputation in premium sound design and belongs to the world's leading audio companies. In Europe, nearly one out of three cars are equipped with PSS speakers. In addition major consumer brands around the globe rely on the cutting-edge technology for their home and pc audio systems.
The success of PSS is based on strong competence pillars in acoustics, electronics, software and system integration. The headquarters is based in Dendermonde (Belgium) with development centers in Belgium, China and India. In order to estimate the production costs for new projects, investments and continuous improvements for their plants in Dendermonde, Hungary, Mexico and China, PSS is looking for a (m/f)
Cost Engineer Automotive
Description de la fonction
Future-oriented cost calculations for new investments and continuous improvements
• You work closely together with global process engineers to calculate key production parameters. You estimate the production process and lay-out, cycle time, material and manufacturing costs, ...
• You challenge production parameters for existing products and propose ideas to increase efficiency.
• You calculate the ROI of new investments (CAPEX) and continuous improvement projects.
• You work with project teams to implement new production processes from concept to realization.
• You join a global team of 4 cost engineers and report to the costing coordinator Europe.
• You work closely together with other departments, such as process engineering, sales and R&D.
• You will be working from the HQ in Dendermonde (B) and travel frequently to the production plants (mainly Hungary and Mexico).
Manufacturing engineer with strong feeling for production costs
• You hold a bachelor's or master's degree in industrial engineering or equivalent by experience.
• You have proven experience (preferably +5 years) in an automotive manufacturing environment, preferably at a Tier 1 supplier.
• You are familiar with estimating the cost prices of metal/plastic components (materials, production processes, handling, assembly, ...).
• You have knowledge of key production improvement techniques, such as LEAN Manufacturing, 5S, ...
• You are extremely good with numbers and experienced with MS Excel.
• You have an analytical mindset and are able to think about abstract subjects, since you will be working on products that go into production several years later.
• You work in a very structured and organized manner.
• You are a very communicative teamplayer with fluency in English, any other language is an asset.
Become part of an ambitious and strong performing company
• PSS believes in people's abilities and wants you to use your initiative right from day one. Team-work and individuality is encouraged and you will be guided and supported on a highly rewarding (international) career path.
• At PSS you can make a difference in audio and work together with highly motivated people in a challenging environment.
• When it comes to creating groovin' acoustics, PSS has a strong reputation!